|Published:||Jan 12, 2014 8:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 12, 2014 8:21 PM EST|
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - The man wanted for allegedly killing three people inside a northern New Jersey strip club on Christmas morning has been captured at his mother's home in Florida, authorities said Sunday.
Nineteen-year-old Anthony Fields, of Newark, was arrested in Orlando early Sunday by FBI agents, according to the Essex County Prosecutor's Office. Chief of Detectives Anthony Ambrose told The Star-Ledger (http://bit.ly/1ae0UyR) his office plans to have Fields extradited to New Jersey, where his bail will be $2 million.
Fields faces three counts of murder and two counts of aggravated assault in the shooting at Slick's Go Go Bar in Irvington, about 15 miles west of New York City. Authorities said the shooting occurred when Fields apparently tried to enter the bar with a gun but was stopped by a bouncer.
The three men killed included the club owner's, Pierre Clervoyant, 34, of Elizabeth, and a club employee, Woodley Daniel, 32, of Irvington. The other man slain was 27-year-old Mushir Curetonnot of Newark, who police have said appeared to be an unintended target.
Two other men were wounded in the shooting, but both are expected to recover from their wounds.
Slick's is located in an industrial area of Irvington, a few blocks from the Garden State Parkway. Roughly 100 people were in the club when the shooting occurred.
The killings were part of a spate of violence that plagued the region during the holiday season. Three teenagers were killed in Newark, including a 13-year-old girl hit by a stray bullet on Christmas night, and a pregnant woman was allegedly murdered by her husband in East Orange.
Information from: The (Newark, N.J.) Star-Ledger, http://www.nj.com
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- It's almost time to 'spring forward'
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward