|Published:||Jan 07, 2014 5:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 07, 2014 5:07 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - South Trail and Iona McGregor firefighters are on the scene of a structure fire at Boardroom Aquatics at 12791 Kenwood Lane.
The fire broke out around 4:00 a.m. Tuesday. South Trial Fire Rescue Assistant Fire Chief Ben Bengston tells WINK News part of the roof collapsed. All of the fish were killed.
Firefighters on the scene tell WINK News they have shut off power to the building and pulled down walls to make sure there was no fire behind them. Bengston says the cooler weather was a big help, cutting down on the risk of heat related injuries to the firefighters.
The fire marshal estimates there was $200,000-$300,000 in damage.
Richard Windeler, the owner of Boardroom Aquatics, told WINK News he is optimistic about getting his business back up and running. "It's going to take me a little time to make up the battle plan, figure out how i'm gonna handle everything, get it all lined up, but i'm doing it!"
Members of the community are already rallying behind Windeler. They tell WINK News they would like to raise money to help him rebuild.
"The community has been behind him for 20-some odd years, and it's devastating to say the least," said Karen Donnelly, who owns a nearby consignment store.
Investigators do not suspect arson.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend