|Published:||Jan 06, 2014 6:42 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 06, 2014 6:42 AM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - An Orlando Sheriff's Office dive team recovered the body of a missing canoeist in Lake Pickett.
Deputies say divers found the woman's body around Sunday afternoon. She had been missing since Saturday evening, when the canoe she was in capsized. Two men who were with her were rescued.
Sheriff's officials say someone on the shore heard people screaming for help Saturday and called 911. Crews found the two men but they couldn't find the woman. The search resumed on Sunday.
The names of the victim and the two men who were rescued have not been released.
The medical examiner's office will perform an autopsy.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo