|Published:||Jan 02, 2014 5:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 02, 2014 6:03 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- What's most disturbing about synthetic marijuana is what it can do to a person's body.
Synthetic marijuana is designed to mimic the side effects of conventional marijuana, but the similarities really end with the name.
Side effects of the synthetic version include anxiety, nausea, vomiting, rapid heartbeat, elevated blood pressure, seizures and hallucinations. According to whitehouse.gov, it's impossible to list all of the possible side effects because new strains of the drug are constantly popping up, full of different household chemicals.
During Tuesday's synthetic marijuana sting in San Carlos Park, Lee County sheriff's deputies found ammonia-based cleaners, air fresheners and acetone.
Jack Lurie, owner of Tropical Hardware in Fort Myers, told WINK News that the chemicals are easy to get. "You can get ammonia-based cleaners and air fresheners at any grocery store or big-box store, and acetone you can get at any hardware store or big-box home improvement center."
Lurie said anyone buying at least two gallons of acetone would be suspicious, and that he would consider contacting law enforcement.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan