|Published:||Jan 02, 2014 5:51 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 07, 2014 5:17 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- State Representative Paige Kreegel will run for Congress. Kreegel filed paperwork to run for the seat currently held by Representative Trey Radel.
Kreegel is a physician from Charlotte County.
Representative Radel says he will return to Washington after pleading guilty to cocaine possession.
A number of prominent Republicans have called for Radel to resign.
Rep. Trey Radel is a former WINK-TV news anchor and conservative talk show host on 92.5 Fox News Radio in Fort Myers.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.