|Published:||Jan 01, 2014 11:57 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 01, 2014 6:20 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Rosabella Hines was the first baby born in 2014 in Lee County.
Weighing in at 7 lbs. 4 oz., Rosabella was born at 4:00 a.m.
Her parents, Lissa Georges and Decarius Hines, are a young couple that met in high school. They are planning to get married next year.
Georges is from Haiti and the baby's middle name is in honor of her aunt and grandmother, who died in the 2010 earthquake.
Rosabella was due last Friday. She was the only baby born in Lee County on January 1, 2014, as of noon.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral