|Published:||Dec 31, 2013 8:55 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 31, 2013 8:55 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Miami International Airport is wrapping up a record year.
On Dec. 27, the airport hit the 40 million passenger mark. That's an increase from the 2012 total of 39.5 million passengers.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/1cEJuMK ) reports traffic at Miami International has increased by 12 percent since 2010 when 35.7 million people passed through the airport.
Airport officials say half the passengers were international. Airlines added more destinations around the world in 2013.
During the first six months of 2014, the airport plans to add additional foreign destinations, including Belem, Brazil; Brussels, Belgium; and Doha, Qatar.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool