|Published:||Dec 29, 2013 2:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 29, 2013 6:15 PM EST|
ESTERO, Fla. - The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal crash that happened Sunday morning in Estero.
The crash was reported just before 10:00 a.m. Sunday near the intersection of Slalom Course Court and Barefoot Ski Boulevard. FHP says 72-year-old Ruthann McBride was traveling east on Slalom Course Court, failed to negotiate a curve and drove onto the east grass shoulder.
McBride's car continued a short distance and struck a palm tree. McBride was pronounced dead by paramedics on scene. No one else was in the car. FHP says McBride was not wearing a seatbelt. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses