|Published:||Dec 26, 2013 11:21 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 26, 2013 11:21 AM EST|
GULF BREEZE, Fla. (AP) - Florida Panhandle authorities say a teenager is charged with murder after allegedly beating and stabbing his mother to death.
According to the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office, the Gulf Breeze teen and his mother had been arguing Tuesday night when the 17-year-old attacked her with kitchen knives and a baseball bat.
The woman died at the scene. The sheriff's office says the teen was found hours later at a nearby home, where he surrendered.
According to the sheriff's office, the teen confessed to the killing. He was being held Wednesday without bond.
The Associated Press generally doesn't identify juveniles accused of crimes.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB