|Published:||Dec 25, 2013 12:32 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 25, 2013 7:45 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. -- A 48-year-old Fort Myers man died early Christmas morning after he was hit by a vehicle on McGregor Blvd. It happened just after midnight near Kasamada Dr.
The victim has been identified as 48-year-old Michael Sasen. WINK News spoke to his distraught father who says Sasen has a 10-year-old son.
One witness, Tom McGrath, says he was in a friend's living room when he heard a loud thump. "We didn't appear to hear any screeching of wheels taking off or stopping or brakes applying or anything like that," says McGrath.
McGrath says when he went outside he saw a Sasen facedown on the street, and two people were trying to help him, and calling 911. "They were instructed on the phone to turn the gentleman over," says McGrath. "They turned him over on his back and he appeared to be lifeless at that point."
Paramedics arrived on scene shortly after and pronounced Sasen dead.
About thirty minutes later, troopers say a car with damage consistent with the crash impact drove by the scene. That person was arrested for DUI.
Troopers are not saying at this time whether or not that driver is responsible for killing Sasen.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend