|Published:||Dec 23, 2013 10:49 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 23, 2013 3:10 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The 18-year-old bicyclist hit by a vehicle early Friday morning on the 2300 block of SE 24th Avenue has died from his injuries.
Justin Espositowas not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash and was sent as a trauma alert to Lee Memorial Hostpital just after 6:00 a.m. on Friday.
Police said Exposito was crossing through the grassy median and was not in a designated cross walk area. He was wearing dark colored clothing and was in a poorly light area. Exposito crossed in front of oncoming traffic.
Drugs and alcohol may have been a factor in this crash. The investigation continues.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo