|Published:||Dec 21, 2013 8:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 23, 2013 3:32 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The pedestrian who was hit by a vehicle on S.R. 82 at Cranford Avenue over the weekend has died from his injuries. He has been positively identified as 39-year-old Chevilla Leon Mouzon.
The crash happened just before 6:30 p.m. on Saturday.
According to Fort Myers Police, a white pickup truck traveling westbound on Martin Luther King Boulevard (S.R. 82) struck Mouzon, who was crossing the road at Cranford Avenue. The driver of the truck remained on scene. Mouzon was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital as a trauma alert.
The crash shut down the westbound lanes of MLK at the time.
FMPD Traffic Homicide Investigator Officer Jason Sandt found Mouzon to be at fault for failing to cross within the assigned crosswalk on Martin Luther King Boulevard.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend