|Published:||Dec 20, 2013 11:52 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 20, 2013 11:52 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - A 13-year-old boy is going to be OK after being grazed by a bullet while walking home.
Miami-Dade police say the boy and another teenager were walking along a Miami street Thursday evening when a car pulled alongside them and opened fire. The shooters fired multiple shots, striking one of the teens.
Police say the car, thought to be a silver or gray Nissan Altima, then fled the area.
The teen was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center, where he was in stable condition.
An investigation continues.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash