|Published:||Dec 20, 2013 1:15 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 07, 2014 5:18 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Representative Trey Radel is out of rehab and plans to get back to work in Washington, D.C.
While court documents show Radel bought cocaine several times before his October arrest, he maintains he only used it sporadically, and never in Southwest Florida. Radel maintains alcoholism is the problem that it caused him to make bad decisions, and clinically, that's what he's being treated for.
His wife, Amy, stood by his side.
Despite his enthusiasm to get back to work, he still has to deal with the House Ethics Committee. Monday, they launched a formal investigation of the freshman Congressman.
Radel added that at the time of his arrest, he was with a private person, not anyone affiliated with Capitol Hill.
As far re-election is concered, Radel says that's the last thing on his mind right now.
Rep. Trey Radel is a former WINK-TV news anchor and conservative talk show host on 92.5 Fox News Radio in Fort Myers.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash