|Published:||Dec 20, 2013 3:06 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 20, 2013 3:06 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Punta Gorda Police Officers arrested 68-year-old Daniel Anthony Bindl for Driving Under the Influence after he crashed his van into an empty retail store in the Colonial Burnt Store Promenade Plaza this morning.
Officers responded to 3941 Tamiami Trail, unit 3165 around 10:30 a.m. today and found a white Ford van had crashed into the rear of the building.
A witness observed Bindl removing empty wine bottles from his vehicle and throwing them into a near-by dumpster.
Bindl unsuccessfully completing field sobriety exercises.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school