|Published:||Dec 20, 2013 11:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 20, 2013 11:46 AM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida's unemployment rate keeps dropping.
Florida's unemployment rate for November was 6.4 percent. In October, the state's jobless rate was 6.4 percent.
This is the lowest that Florida's unemployment rate has been since July 2008. The national unemployment rate is 7 percent.
The new figures show that the state added 6,100 jobs last month. Nearly 600,000 people in the state are out of work.
Gov. Rick Scott has contended the state's unemployment rate is dropping due to his policies.
But state economists have said another reason for the decline is that people were leaving the labor force or had delayed their job search.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba