|Published:||Dec 19, 2013 11:33 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 19, 2013 12:47 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Lee County teenager accused of attacking an elderly man for fun appeared in court today.
The 16-year-old girl is charged with two felony counts of battery of person over 65. One of those charges tied to a so-called "smack cam" video.
She's also charged with one misdemeanor battery count.
We're not revealing her identity beacuse she's a minor.
Her family stayed close during her arraignment today.
The girl's grandmother said she believes the justice system is being too hard on her granddaughter.
The teen will be back in court again next month.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash