|Published:||Dec 19, 2013 5:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 19, 2013 5:38 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - A man with Southwest Florida ties is now on the FBI's most wanted list. Edly Atherly is accused of killing his wife, Ashley Atherly, after they moved from Hillsborough County to California about a year ago.
Edley Atherly graduated from Port Charlotte High School and his wife's family tells us, he has ties not only to here, but in Californa, Texas and even Belize. Now, the FBI is asking the public to help bring him to justice.
The man police say murdered his wife last month is now one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives. Investigators say Edly Atherly was last spotted near the couple's apartment in San Bernadino. But he has ties back here in Florida.
Atherly graduated from Port Charlotte High School and his wife, Ashley, grew up in Tampa.
"I'm just begging you to please, please help us find this terrible person that took my daughter's life," said Ashley's mom at a news conference last week.
Ashley's parents Scott Hall and Lucia Robles spoke in Tampa about their daughter's accused killer. Thursday, they both say seeing Atherly on this list doesn't give them any more peace of mind.
"We take this as hopefulness that okay at least we're getting this now... somebody is helping him at this point if he's still alive," Robles says.
Federal investigators say Atherly is known to go to the gym regularly. In the past, he worked in banking and at a warehouse distribution center. The FBI is offering a 10-thousand dollar reward for information leading to his arrest.
"This worthless individual just became worth something," says Scott Hall.
Local authorites are aware of this case and have been in contact with investigators out in California. They tell WINK News they do not have any indication though that Atherly is headed here.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean