|Published:||Dec 19, 2013 12:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 19, 2013 12:24 PM EST|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla. - A Charlotte County mom is arrested, blamed for the death of her 11-month-old son. Deputies say Sharon Swat left her infant in the bathtub alone for more than 30 minutes and the baby drowned.
"Almost everybody that I know that has children knows you do not leave your kids alone in the bathtub they can drown in less than an inch of water," sys neighbor Alex Gifford.
Gifford lives down the street from Sharon Swat. She says, Kidron Avenue is full of families with children and this tragedy is inexcusable.
"I mean you need to pay attention to your kids," she adds.
Charlotte County investigators say in June, Kayden Swat and his older sibling were in the bathtub when the 24-year-old mother says she went to the kitchen to put the baby's bottle in the sink.
When she returned to the bathroom, the tub was overflowing and 11-month-old Kayden was face down and unresponsive. WINK News spoke with Swat's husband off camera who says this is was all a horrible accident.
But according to the arrest report, "Sharon Swat had not only left her child whom did not know how to swim alone in the bath tub with a non verbal-autistic child, she was away from kayden swat for approximately 34 minutes."
Investigators say Swat knew such negligence would result in the death of her boy.
"Don't ever leave the bathroom when you have your child in the water," Gifford adds.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search