|Published:||Dec 18, 2013 11:31 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 18, 2013 11:31 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Coral Fire Fighters quickly extinguished a fire in a home on the 3500 block of SE 8th Place. The family came home to find heavy smoke inside the residence. The fire appeared to originate in the living room near the family's Christmas Tree. Fire Investigators are still trying to find the origin of the fire.
The Red Cross responded to assist the family and there were no injuries reported.
This fire resulted in a 5th red bulb in the Department's "Keep the Wreath Green" safety campaign. For every house fire that results in structural damage or injury during the month of December, a red bulb replaces a green bulb on the wreath on Station 4 and on Facebook.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral