|Published:||Dec 17, 2013 12:51 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 17, 2013 12:51 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- Charlotte County Parks and Natural Resources Division is planning prescribed burns at Charlotte Flatwoods Environmental Park, US 41 and Zemel Rd. in Punta Gorda; Tippecanoe II Scrub-jay Preserve on Flamingo Blvd. and Tippecanoe Environmental Park on Hwy 776, both in Port Charlotte.
The burns may occur any time in December through February, and as soon as Dec. 18. Actual dates are dependent upon specific weather conditions and other considerations.
Visitors to the properties should avoid areas where smoke and/or fire can be seen, as well as areas that are posted as closed.
For more information contact the Charlotte County Community Services Department, Parks and Natural Resources at 941.625.7529. Also visit the Florida Forest Service at http://www.floridaforestservice.com/index.html for information on why and how prescribed fire is used, and how to keep your home safe from wildfire.
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia