|Published:||Dec 16, 2013 7:59 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 16, 2013 7:59 AM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A motorcyclist is dead following a crash on Interstate 75 near Tampa.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the crash occurred just after 7 p.m. Sunday as 46-year-old Elmer Cecil Brown Jr. was traveling along an entrance ramp to northbound I-75.
The highway patrol says Brown crossed the painted median between the entrance ramp and the outside lane. He was struck by a vehicle and ejected from the motorcycle. Brown came to rest in the center lane of the interstate and was struck by another vehicle.
The vehicle that initially hit Brown traveled to the outside shoulder of the highway and collided with a concrete barrier wall.
Brown died at the scene. The other drivers were not injured.
Northbound Interstate 75 was closed for two hours during the investigation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool