|Published:||Dec 16, 2013 8:35 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 16, 2013 8:36 AM EST|
Southwest Fla., - There are several events this evening in our community. In Cape Coral, you can make a difference in the life of a child by taking part in the "fill the boat" toy drive.
The Cape Coral Police Department and the U.S. Coast Guard are collecting toys for underprivileged kids on Monday and Tuesday.
You can drop off new and unwrapped toys at the boat at the Walmart Supercenter on Del Prado Boulevard. The boat is open from noon to eight each night.
In Fort Myers, Goodwill is opening its new "Job Link Center." The new headquarters will be in on Tice Street. This move means all administrative and retail operations will reopen. The Goodwill Opportunity Center will be open from 8am - 4:30pm each day.
In Collier County, you can help a local charity by having food and drinks at the Ritz Carlton's new hotel bar, Dusk. The event runs from 5-8pm Monday night at the Ritz in Naples. 20% of the proceeds will benefit Youth Haven. Youth Haven is the area's only residential emergency shelter for abused, neglected or abandoned children. There is no ticket price or minimum purchase required to attend.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free