|Published:||Dec 14, 2013 8:56 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 15, 2013 12:37 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Authorities tell WINK News an 18-month-old toddler has died after being recovered from the bottom of a pool behind a home in Cape Coral.
Around 12:30 pm Saturday afternoon, firefighters, paramedics and law enforcement responded to a reported child found in a pool at 37 NW 1st Way. Calls to 911 indicated the child was discovered in the water and CPR was being performed.
Multiple units immediately responded and aggressive lifesaving efforts were undertaken by all personnel involved. The 18-month old patient was transported by Lee County EMS ambulance to Cape Coral Hospital where the patient was pronounced dead according to EMS.
The incident is under investigation by the Cape Coral Police Department and detectives as well as forensics personnel responded to the scene.
According to CPD, preliminary indications reveal no foul play was suspected.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan