|Published:||Dec 13, 2013 10:19 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 13, 2013 12:19 PM EST|
ENGLERWOOD, Fla.- A two-vehicle crash, involving serious injuries, shut down the intersection of South McCall Road (SR 776) at Wilmington Blvd. around 8:30 this morning. The road has since re-opened.
The collision involved a Jeep and a Hyundai. The driver of the Hyundai, 27-year-old Thomas Nichols, was transported by helicopter with a leg injury. His passenger, 29-year-old Gary Scarborough, was transported with possible head injuries. Neither was wearing a seatbelt, according to Florida Highway Patrol.
Two helicopters landed on the scene to transport the patients to Lee Memorial Hospital.
The driver of the Jeep, 66-year-old Sharon Gleman, refused treatment. Gleman was charged with careless driving, after driving into Nichols' path.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba