|Published:||Dec 11, 2013 7:54 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 11, 2013 7:54 AM EST|
DESTIN, Fla. (AP) - State officials say they have no plans to remove the wreckage of a boat crash that killed three people in the Florida Panhandle.
Last week's crash under a Destin bridge killed three Niceville residents: Jamila Beltz, Taylor Evanoff and Robert Williams.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman Stan Kirkland tells the Northwest Florida Daily News (http://bit.ly/18Crl0t ) that since authorities know what caused the accident, the agency won't pay to have the wreckage removed.
Kirkland says a coroner's report is still pending for the boat's driver. He did not release additional details about the crash investigation. The events leading up to the crash remain unclear.
If the Coast Guard does not remove the wreckage, it may remain in the water. Kirkland says it's not a hazard to other boats.
Information from: Northwest Florida Daily News (Fort Walton Beach, Fla.), http://www.nwfdailynews.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed