|Published:||Dec 10, 2013 4:15 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2013 6:05 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY. Fla.- A real life grinch stole the holiday cheer from one local business. Someone took nine stockings stuffed with money from the "Half Shell" in Lee County. WINK News is learning, the money inside those stockings is a gift from customers, to their servers.
The bar owner says there was only about $100.00 in the stockings, but its not the dollar amount that matters. The unselfish giving of the customers has been a holiday tradition for many years as a simple way for them to say thanks to the employees.
"It hurts me, it hurts them, and it angers my customers," said owner Pamela Sue Griffin.
The holiday spirit has dimmed for a local business looking to carry on a Christmas tradition.
"They just probably don't get christmas, they don't have any money and thought they would just take a shot and see what they could get," said Griffin.
The owner says a real life grinch got his or her hands on nine stockings filled with hard earned money from giving customers.
"It's a thank you and it's a way they feel they feel like they are doing a good job, the customers give them money."
You can see, the crook smashed the glass to the front door, and then stole the holiday cheer right out from this cabinet.
"The first thing at goes through your mind is hopefully it's a false alarm, but when you get here, the door is broken, then it's fear, and then anger."
And while this is the perfect example of a community's act of kindness, the bar does its part to give back as well.
"We make desserts throughout the year, save the money, pick somone deserving of it and try to give it back to them without them knowing and that money was taken, but lucky it wasn't a lot.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer