|Published:||Dec 10, 2013 6:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2013 6:21 PM EST|
COCOA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Ocean rescue officials say a man was bitten in the foot by a shark while in shallow water in Cocoa Beach.
Brevard County Ocean Rescue officials say the man was not seriously injured and was bandaged at the scene. The man, who has been identified, was coming to shore after surfing when he was bit.
The beach was closed for half an hour and later reopened under a high advisory for the presence of sharks.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan