|Published:||Dec 10, 2013 8:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 10, 2013 8:23 AM EST|
ORLANOD, Fla. (AP) - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has accepted an invitation to join NCAA Division II Sunshine State Conference.
The Daytona school announced its plans Monday to join nine other Florida-based universities in a conference that includes the likes of Rollins College, St. Leo University and the University of Tampa.
The invitation is contingent upon Embry-Riddle being accepted through the NCAA's membership process, which has a Feb. 1 application deadline. The NCAA membership committee is expected to announce its final decisions in July.
If accepted it would then enter a one-year candidacy in 2014, with eligibility for NCAA postseason play beginning in 2017.
Embry-Riddle is currently a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics and Sun Conference
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Woman dies after driving into pond