|Published:||Dec 09, 2013 4:56 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 09, 2013 4:56 PM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Officials in Miami say one person is dead and two others are missing from a raft believed to be carrying Cuban migrants.
The Coast Guard reports a good Samaritan found one survivor aboard the homemade raft in Biscayne Bay on Monday.
Rescue crews responded to the scene and began searching for two other people in the water.
The man who survived was taken ashore by Miami-Dade Fire Rescue. He told authorities three people had possibly drowned during the journey through the Florida Straits.
Anyone with information on the missing people or the rescued man is asked to call the Coast Guard Sector Miami at 305-535-4316.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral