|Published:||Dec 09, 2013 10:29 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 09, 2013 3:33 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Two Cape Coral men are in the Lee County Jail, facing charges of battery on an officer.
Jose and Alexander Crismatt are accused of beating a Florida Highway Patrol trooper at a 7-11 over the weekend. The two men are charged with felony battery and resisting an officer.
Jose Crismatt is facing additional drug-related charges, including DUI.
Just after midnight Saturday, the trooper approached 22-year-old Jose when he saw him allegedly speed in to the 7-11 parking lot on US 41 and Littleton Road in North Fort Myers. Alexander then pulled up in a separate vehicle. The 20-year-old ignored the trooper's requests to not interfere.
FHP says the two men aggressively approached the trooper and got physical with him, leaving the trooper with minor injuries. The two men face charges of felony battery and resisting an officer.
Both men have been ordered no contact with that FHP trooper. He was not taken to the hospital, and is said to be doing fine.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash