|Published:||Dec 06, 2013 11:43 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2013 11:43 AM EST|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies arrested an 11-year-old L.A. Ainger Middle School student for allegedly bringing a knife to school on Tuesday.
The assistant principal gave the school resource officer the butterfly knife after taking it from the girl.
A teacher approached two assistant principals regarding a rumor that the student had a knife on campus. The assistant principals interviewed several students about the rumor, many of whom said the girl had been talking about and showing the knife off at lunch.
The assistant principals met with the girl and asked if she had anything on her that she shouldn't have. She then allegedly turned over the butterfly knife.
The girl turned herself into the Charlotte County jail, and was released to her father until her court date.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend