|Published:||Dec 06, 2013 10:13 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 06, 2013 10:13 AM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a teenager is dead and another is in critical condition after a car hit the bicycle they were riding near Orlando.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the hit-and-run crash happened around 3:20 a.m. Friday, ejecting both teens from the bike. A black Mercedes fled the scene.
According to FHP, the bicycle was not in a crosswalk as it crossed State Road 50.
Authorities are searching for a black Mercedes, which likely has extensive front-end and windshield damage. Troopers are also asking anyone who witnessed the crash to contact them.
FHP says 17-year-old Melanie Luque died at the scene and 18-year-old Travis Luque Exposito was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm