|Published:||Dec 05, 2013 3:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 05, 2013 3:52 PM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - A Florida man charged with killing a 10-year-old boy during a South Florida nail salon robbery now stands accused in a second unrelated slaying.
North Miami police said Thursday that 19-year-old Anthawn Ragan and others still at large fatally shot a man outside a Miami motel on Nov. 1. Ragan is charged with first-degree murder and possession of a weapon by a violent career criminal.
Ragan is already jailed awaiting arraignment on murder, assault and robbery charges in the Nov. 22 shooting death of fifth-grader Aaron Vu during the nail salon robbery. The boy's father, Hai Vu, owns the salon and was wounded in the shooting. Police are still searching for an accomplice in that case.
Ragan's court-appointed attorney did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral