|Published:||Dec 05, 2013 6:22 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 05, 2013 6:25 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A LeeTran bus driver spoke only with WINK News after she said she was shot at on the job Tuesday afternoon.
Surveillance video provided by Leetran shows the driver calmly bushing shards of glass off herself after a window shattered. The bus was stopped on U.S. 41 near Page Field Commons.
According to Fort Myers Police, what caused the glass to fly. The incident report describes a BB-sized hole in the glass, but police said they have not found any rounds.
"I hear this 'pop' and the sound of glass shattering in my ear," the driver said, asking to remain anonymous. "there was a big starburst next to where my left ear would have been."
The driver showed WINK News her neck, which was covered in scrapes left behind by the shattered glass.
"You get pissed off, then you get mad, then the adrenaline starts coming down," the driver said "That's when it sinks in."
The driver admits she's scared. "Two days later, I'm still shaking from it."
She also says she's thankful none of her riders were hurt, and shares a message for whoever is behind the broken window.
"They need to grow up. That's childish nonsense," she said.
The bus has been repaired and the driver has returned to work.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm