|Published:||Dec 03, 2013 4:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 04, 2013 1:30 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Kenilworth Boulevard, between Porter Street and Yorkshire Road, is closed due to a roadway collapse, according to the county.
This section of road will remain closed for approximately 12 months or until repairs can be made.
Motorists and pedestrians are encouraged to exercise caution while traveling through this area.
According to Joanne Vernon, P.E., Assistant County Engineer, the culvert on Kenilworth Blvd. was scheduled to be replaced, but failed before that could happen.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash