|Published:||Dec 04, 2013 3:22 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 04, 2013 5:20 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Workers suffered skin irritations after opening what was thought to be hazardous material at International Delivery Solutions on Enterprise Ave. this afternoon. This location is the mail processing facility for the TSA.
The East Naples Fire Department ultimately determined the powder that caused the irritations was not suspicous. All tests have come back negative.
According to the Collier County Sheriff's Office, the emergency call came in at 2:06 p.m. when workers opened a small package that was received.
East Naples Fire has not ruled out silica, a packing agent, and are now considering paper mites, which are similar to bed bugs.
Fire departments from North Naples, East Naples, Golden Gate, and EMS and the Sheriff's Office all responded to the scene.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed