|Published:||Dec 04, 2013 12:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 04, 2013 12:21 PM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.- Crewmembers offloaded more than $18 million in cocaine on Wednesday at Coast Guard Sector St. Petersburg.
A Coast Guard helicopter crew seized the $18 million in cocaine in the Gulf of Mexico during two separate cases in November in support of Operation Martillo.
Operation Martillo is an international operation focused on sharing information and bringing together air, land, and maritime assets from the U.S. Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and Western Hemisphere and European partner nation agencies to counter illicit trafficking.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash