|Published:||Dec 04, 2013 5:15 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 04, 2013 6:07 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla. - Southwest Florida's largest indoor shooting range is set to open in just a few months, but this is not your typical gun range. In fact, the owners are calling it the "Ritz" of gun ranges.
It will be located on the Southwest corner of Airport Pulling and Vanderbilt Beach Road in Naples.
Placed between two Ritz Carlton's, in the center of Naples, the Alamo will have a country club feel, but the owner says it's more than a gun range.
"Typically they are in an industrial park and they're kind of smokey and it's really geared towards men. This one is going to be quite unique," says Tammy Mercer, Events and Marketing Manager for Lotus Gun Works.
The 25,000 square foot facility will be the largest indoor shooting range in Southwest Florida. "We have a state of the art air quality control system that recycles the air every 85 seconds," says Mercer.
While it will have the standard range, gun rentals and training classes, the owner says it will cater to men and women. The range will be two stories, have granite counter tops, a cigar lounge and a large space for special events like bachelorette and birthday parties.
"It's going to be more of a destination shooting experience," says Mercer. "We're going to have a lounge where you can come in on your lunch hour and you can have lunch and actually shoot."
They're aiming for a fancier feel and combining that with one of the nations fastest growing sports to create something Southwest Florida has yet to experience.
"We've been very well received in the community. They have really embrassed this opportunity," says Mercer.
The facility will create 40 new jobs in the area. It's expected to open in February.
As far as cost, Alamo is working on its membership costs now, but says they plan to be competitive with other gun ranges in the area which usually charge $20-$25.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean