|Published:||Nov 24, 2013 10:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2013 6:10 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Two men are dead after a shooting in East Naples.The Collier County Sheriff's Office says it may have been a drug deal gone wrong that ended 23-year old Eric Riley's and 21-year old Keegan's lives.
The shooting happened around 9:30 Saturday night. Shortly after, deputies arrested the suspects, 21-year-old Jacob Mislow and 19-year-old Nickolas Mislow of Miami during a traffic stop.
Mothers Lydia Anglero and Janice Leon have never met, but say they are joined in their grief, mourning the loss of their sons.
"I know the family are going through the same pain I'm going through because they both were killed together," she Anglero.
Collier County deputies responded to a 911 call on Manor Boulevard. That's where they found Leon and Riley with gunshot wounds. Both were pronounced dead on the scene.
"I was at my apartment when I saw a guy shoot another guy," said witness Jesus Jiménez.
"Nobody can believe it. It still hasn't sunk in with anybody that my son has lost his life," she Leon.
Leon says the last time she saw her son, he was celebrating the birth of his newborn twin girls.
"Just overjoyed. No drug could give you the high that he had for those girls," she said.
Anglero says she had no idea when she kissed her son goodbye Friday, it would be for the last time.
"He was a good boy, he was loved and he had a lot of friends. He had a future ahead of him, he was still young," she said.
Now two mothers are heartbroken, but say they are staying strong for the sake of their familes.
"I know they hurt my son, but I leave that up to god," Anglero said.
According to the Collier County Sheriff's Office, both suspects are being held on a $2 million bond.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns