|Published:||Dec 03, 2013 4:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2013 4:53 PM EST|
ESTERO, Fla.- Lee County lawmakers will support a new city. They voted to support incorporation for Estero.
The lawmakers will carry the bill in the legislature next March. The legislature has to approve the move to cityhood.
Estero community leaders have worked on the effort for the past year.
If the legislature gives the OK, voters in Estero would have to approve cityhood in the election next November. If voters say yes, the area would become a city in 2015.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash