|Published:||Dec 02, 2013 3:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 02, 2013 3:47 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Collier County Sheriff's Office deputies located George Searle in some bushes in a heavily shrubbed area near the pool/clubhouse in the Pelican Isle community in North Naples around 10:15 a.m. Monday.
The 80-year-old was reported missing on Sunday.
Deputies on the ground, along with CCSO K-9, aviation and Mounted Patrol units, the Emergency Response Team, Collier County Emergency Medical Services, and a Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office bloodhound team, conducted an extensive search for nearly 27 hours before locating Searle.
Deputies located Searle during an organized shoulder-to-shoulder grid search, a search-and-rescue technique that involves flooding the area with manpower and “looking under every leaf,’’ said Sgt. Terence Smith, who led the grid search.
Sgt. Jake Walker and Cpl. Brian Wiedel spotted Searle under some hedges.
Detectives said Searle has medical issues and was in need of his medication.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling