|Published:||Dec 01, 2013 9:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 01, 2013 9:23 AM EST|
Fort Myers, Fla. -- Thirty southwest Florida ladies are sharing their love for song and dance while helping veterans. The Calendar Girls, named because they love to dance 365 days a year, have been together since 2006. All donations made to the Calendar Girls go to charities. Their charity of choice is Paws for Patriots, part of the Southeastern Guide Dog School of Palmetto, Florida. This organization trains guide dogs for veterans. The average cost of training one dog is $60,000, and Paws for Patriot relies solely on donations from the community. Thanks to the generosity of southwest Florida, the Calendar Girls have been able to sponsor twelve guide dogs thus far!
If you'd like to see and meet the Calendar Girls and help local veterans, come on down to Fleamasters Music Hall (4135 MLK Blvd, Ft Myers) Sunday Dec. 1, 1pm - 2pm. The ladies will be debuting their Holiday Show "Peace Love Puppies." For other performances and information on how you can donate and help our vets, visit the Calendar Girls website http://www.calendargirlsflorida.com/
Don't forget, the Calendar Girls annual calendars are on sale now and going fast! The cost is just $5 per calendar, and proceeds go to Paws for Patriots.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire
- It's almost time to 'spring forward'
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool