|Published:||Nov 29, 2013 10:27 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 29, 2013 10:27 AM EST|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have arrested a man they say sped through a red light and crashed into vehicle, killing an Ocala couple.
The Florida Highway Patrol arrested 30-year-old Allen Cole Godwin on Thanksgiving Day. He's charged with two counts each of DUI manslaughter and vehicular homicide in the Oct. 24 crash that killed 67-year-old Ray Allen Kraus and his 64-year-old wife Pamela Jean Kraus.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/1gopDls ) reports the FHP estimates Godwin was travelling 78 mph when he ran the red light. Tests revealed his blood-alcohol level was .19, well above the state's legal limit of .08.
After the crash, Godwin was flown to a Gainesville hospital where he was initially listed in critical condition.
Godwin was booked into jail. No attorney was listed on jail records.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend