|Published:||Nov 29, 2013 11:25 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 29, 2013 11:29 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. --- "I have that image of her standing there laughing, in my head, and it will never, nothing will erase it."
It's those words from 72 year old Robert Lerberg, kicked to the ground in a violent random attack earlier this week, that Cale Frederick can't get out of his head.
"He doesn't deserve that, it was uncalled for," said Frederick.
Now, Cale is taking action.
He's started a Facebook page, called "Support Robert Lerberg," to rally the community around this innocent victim.
"I think our community is better than that," said Federick.
Deputies say, Lerberg's attacker is a 15 year old basketball player from Cypress Lake High School.
Although her neighbor, Jackie Gary, didn't know the girl personally, she's still concerned, especially having children of her own.
"There's a falling away. We have no respect for the elderly community and I think it's a disgrace," said Gary.
Investigators say, the attack is part of a growing viral video trend among teens, called Smack Cam, where people randomly smack others.
"We won't stand for this. We won't let this happen again" said Frederick.
Cale hopes to leave him with a very different image.
"We want to show him we are behind him and that's not the memory he needs in his head," said Frederick.
Now the goal is to get enough people together, to help Lerberg landscape his garden.
As we mentioned, he was attacked when out weeding.
Cale says they can use all the help they can get.
Here is a link to the Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/supportRobertLerberg
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Deadly accident in Fort Myers