|Published:||Nov 27, 2013 8:58 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 27, 2013 10:56 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla - You probably have the turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes all ready to be cooked for Thanksgiving Day, but there are many who wait until the last minute.
WINK News went to Publix at Naples Plaza and found dozens of people running in and out grabbing some last minute things.
"I'm going to get some pie crust and some whip cream for a classic Grandmother's pie," says Josh Meeker.
The goal every season is to beat the rush, but for these shoppers it never seems to work out that way. "I've been working today, all week long, so it's last minute shopping."
Jack Roach says he and his wife were, "just getting the odds and ends. Cranberry sauce and deserts."
With all the cooking planned for Thansgiving many turn to take out for their "pre-turkey meal"
The general manager at Jets Pizza in North Naples says the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is their third busiest night of the year next to New Year's Day and the Superbowl.
"You have a lot of people doing their baking tonight because they have to have the oven open for turkeys tomorrow, so they don't have time to cook," says Randy Emery.
If you still need to grab some last minute things, the following places are open Thanksgiving Day:
Walmart - 24 Hours
Whole Foods in Naples - 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Sweet Bay - Open until 5 p.m.
Super Targets that sell groceries and all Publix stores are closed Thanksgiving Day
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community