|Published:||Nov 27, 2013 8:09 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 27, 2013 8:09 AM EST|
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are trying to figure out why a naked man suffering from severe burns was dropped off at Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
The incident happened Saturday when a woman ran inside the hospital asking for help.
The Sarasota Herald-Tribune (http://bit.ly/1bntaRA ) reports the woman told nurses the man has been dropped off in her driveway. The woman and two others who brought the man to the hospital left after he was taken inside.
The man was flown to Tampa General Hospital for treatment.
Sarasota Sheriff's officials say the man remembers waking up and being on fire. But other details of his story are hazy. He told investigators he was in the woods, and that he was also in the driveway.
Detectives are trying to piece together what happened.
Information from: Sarasota (Fla.) Herald-Tribune, http://www.heraldtribune.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling