|Published:||Nov 26, 2013 12:09 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 26, 2013 12:09 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Former Cape Coral Mayor John Sullivan was back in court today. The defense is calling his demand for a re-count in November's mayoral election "a fishing expedition."
Today, the defense asked a Lee County court judge to dismiss the case. Sullivan lost to current Mayor Marni Sawicki by 121 votes. In his complaint, Sullivan claims Sawicki won because of misconduct within the Board of Election. But the defense says a key argument is missing. The judge could either decide to dismiss the case or allow the prosecution to re-submit their lawsuit.
No decision was made today.
Sullivan and his lawyer declined to comment.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba