|Published:||Nov 26, 2013 6:45 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 26, 2013 6:45 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- FDLE is conducting a criminal investigation into the recent Fort Myers election.
WINK News was first to report that FDLE was looking into the Ward Three Primary race, where Councilwoman Christine Matthews beat out Councilman Levon Simms. Now, the investigation has turned criminal.
As we first reported, FDLE is looking at more than 100 absentee ballots. All of them came from just three IP addresses, and at least one of those belongs to Matthew's computer and cell phone.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend