|Published:||Nov 25, 2013 7:49 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 25, 2013 7:49 AM EST|
MERRITT ISLAND, Fla. (AP) - A 13-year-old girl us dead following a crash involving two motorcycles in central Florida.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the crash happened around noon Sunday in northern Brevard County.
According to WFTV (www.wftv.com), the teen was a passenger on a motorcycle driven by 67-year-old Michael Bowers.
The FHP says 64-year-old Grace Bowers was riding her motorcycle behind them when the teen fell off the bike for an unknown reason. The motorcycles collided and the Bowers, who weren't wearing helmets, were thrown to the ground.
The teen died at the scene. Her name has not been released. Michael Bowers is in serious condition and Grace Bowers is in critical condition at a local hospital.
An investigation continues.
Information from: WFTV-TV, http://www.wftv.com/index.html
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community